Conference Hotel Information
The 24th International Conference on Process Control will be held on June 6-9, 2023 at the Hotel SOREA TRIGAN, 059 85, Štrbské Pleso, Slovakia.
Reservations can be made via email: email@example.com
The hotel is situated in an attractive setting of the High Tatras mountains in the village of Štrbske Pleso, within the territory of the High Tatras National Park, the most visited nature reserve in Slovakia. Štrbské pleso is a favorite ski, tourist, and health resort in the High Tatras, Slovakia located on the lake of the same name. It is a starting point for the most popular hikes. In the summer season, it is the ideal place for trekking, cycling, in-line skating, climbing, mountaineering, and alpinism or horse riding. You can find more information about the hotel here.
- Individual transportation by car: parking space near Hotel SOREA TRIGAN
- Individual transportation with public transport: we recommend taking advantage of “Tatra Railways“, which is a direct train line between the transportation hubs in the city of Poprad. For more information please visit:
- Conference bus:
- To-the-conference journey: departure on Tuesday 6.6.2023 at approximately 12:30 from Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology in Bratislava (FCHPT STU), Radlinskeho 9, 81237 Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Return-journey: departure on Friday 9.6.2023 at approximately 13:15 (after lunch) from Hotel SOREA TRIGAN, 059 85, Štrbské Pleso, back to FCHPT STU.
- We kindly ask conference participants to book a conference bus seat via registration.
Situated on the border between Slovakia and Poland, High Tatras is one of the most impressive national parks in Slovakia. It is home to a wide variety of wildlife. Many kilometers of well-marked pathways can be explored ranging from easy to extremely difficult. Strbske Pleso is a renowned place for its winter and summer sports activities.
Local Attractions and Tours
High Tatras: one of the most beautiful national parks located in North Central Slovakia. More information can be found here.
Štrbské pleso: is a tourist and health resort in the High Tatras, located on the lake by the same name. More information can be found here.
Waterfall Skok: the third highest waterfall in the High Tatras offers a beautiful view of the water falling from the top of the mountains. More information can be found here.
Levoča: the town has a Gothic church with the highest wooden altar in the world, carved by Master Pavol of Levoča, and many other Renaissance buildings (UNESCO World Heritage List). More information can be found here.
Open-air museum Pribilina: The presented settlement disposition was characteristic of numerous Liptov villages having privileges and rights of smaller towns. More information can be found here.
Cave Belianska: is a stalactite cave in the Slovak part of the Tatra mountains, the largest and the only one open to the public in the Tatras. More information can be found here.
Spiš Castle: the ruins of one of the largest castle sites in Central Europe offer beautiful sightseeing. More information can be found here.